Engineering & Innovation Manager
Nelipak Healthcare Packaging is a leading manufacturer of thermoformed packaging for supply to the medical device and pharmaceutical sectors.
We are seeking to recruit an Engineering & Innovation Manager within our Galway manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for promoting company values and building strong relations within the business.
The post-holder will be required to demonstrate capability across a broad scope of activities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Establish a robust continuous improvement system
- Develop and deliver programs improving efficiency and quality in day to day operations
- Identify technologies, products and materials not currently in use in the plant that could add value to the organisation in expanding our capability and product offering
- Play an active role in identification and achievement of cost reductions on an on-going basis
- Develop and maintain KPIs for your department with a view to meeting or exceeding annual objectives
- Interact with global team with a view to sharing and obtaining knowledge that can be used to drive improvements in efficiency, quality and innovation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Passionate about lean implementation with a solid track record of success
- Strong engineering and technical expertise
- Highly curious about innovative products and processes a history of bringing these into an organisation
- Excellent people management skills with proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Good communicator
- Ability to create and execute improvement and innovation plans efficiently
- Advantageous to have collaborated with government agencies on project implementation
- Experience in thermoforming, die cutting, HF welding and automation advantageous
Education: 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
Experience: 5 years of experience in a similar role (medical packaging preferred)
A competitive salary & benefits package is offered (to include mobile phone, laptop, medical insurance and contributory pension scheme), based on experience.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed – please forward details to Lesley Murray, HR Director, email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30th Novcmber 2018