Accountant (Fixed-Term, Six Month Contract)
Based at the Derry plant, a key member of the Nelipak shared accounting team, performing day to day accounting activities supporting the overall finance function.
- Record monthly general ledger journal entries.
- Calculate and post accruals and prepayments.
- Own or share ownerships for standard monthly finance tasks as determined by the financial controller, for example, but not limited to, sales reporting, margin analysis, PPV analysis, fixed asset accounting, vat submissions.
- Perform analytical reviews of the data posted as required to ensure resultant data is understood and communicated as required.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with monthly timelines.
- Responsible for the integrity of the accounts and to ensure that the accounting function operates at all times in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and board policy.
- Support year end audits to enable complete year end statutory accounts in a timely fashion.
- Support tax accounting work as required.
- Provide inputs for annual budgets, monthly accounts, and weekly forecasts as required, in line with business requirements.
- Support adequate internal controls.
- Work closely with the rest of the accounting team.
- Carry out/manage any other projects or tasks as requested by the financial controller or other seniors from time to time.
- Part or qualified with a recognised accountancy board.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate well – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and continuous improvement.
- Adapts a flexible approach.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for CV’s and cover letters of application is 12 noon Wednesday 23 February 2022.