Assistant Warehouse Manager
Are you looking for a great opportunity as an Assistant Warehouse Manager? Then we are looking for you!
We currently seek to recruit an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join the Nelipak team in Galway, Ireland. Reporting onto the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Manager oversees operations at a warehouse to ensure that all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed according to schedule. Their duties include preparing schedules for Warehouse Associates, training new employees on how to use machinery and monitoring compliance with safety standards.
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure inventories are accurate at month end.
- Management of raw material movement from stores to production in a timely fashion.
- Material issues to works orders and receipts back into stock (R1 or Q1.)
- Actively participate in weekly departmental meetings.
- Manage, develop, and motivate direct reports, ensuring a high level of employee engagement.
- Ensure company policies, procedures, housekeeping are adhered to in all areas of responsibility.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Qualification in logistics or similar is highly desirable.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager.
Key competencies include:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate work.
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
- Proficient with computers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Understanding of safety rules.
- Knowledge of general software and applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with innovative approach to process improvement.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work on own initiative and as part of team.
A competitive salary & benefits package is offered based on experience.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed – Please forward CV & cover letter to Joanne Shaughnessy, Email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th July 2022.