Conversion Manager (Elsham Plant)
The role is responsible for the overall management of safe production to ensure that the utmost quality standards against specifications and shipping schedules against acknowledged dates are achieved. To drive and facilitate continuous improvement in manufacturing towards world-class standards thereby delivering increased overall equipment effectiveness and best-in-class quality performance. Responsible for manufacturing personnel working to maximise operational efficiency and deliver proven results against Nelipak’s risk.
- Comply with all health and safety policies and instructions and actively contribute to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Communicate with all departments on the current and upcoming schedule requirements.
- Manage scheduling of orders to ensure ship dates are achieved, communicate delays to customer service.
- Manage work in progress inventory to ensure that orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage and communicate with relevant managers to help address balance capacity requirements.
- Manage any problems that arise which may interfere with production schedules and liaise with relevant personnel to
- Attend meetings to provide information and manage any production planning concerns.
- Ensure acceptable cleanliness and orderliness standards for equipment and manufacturing areas.
- Manage accuracy of performance and process data such as production standards, overall equipment effectiveness,
- Participate in WCOM Steering committee, and WCOM pillars. (operational excellence)
- Work with the WCOM steering committee and pillars to determine the greatest improvement opportunities in the department.
- Assist with the execution of improvement efforts to address the opportunities. Ensure that standards are updated with each improvement team.
- Manage all daily production and process problems. Investigate root causes of issues and implement corrective actions that ensure no defects post corrective action.
- Identify, develop and implement plans for cost reduction, waste reduction and operational improvement.
- Manage the resolution of issues raised in internal or external audits and customer complaints.
- Maximise machine throughput whilst assuring quality requirements for products.
- Consistently achieve targets within acceptable costs and utilisation parameters .
- Ensure full familiarity with company regulations, policies and procedures. Personally reflect the company values and ‘risk-free’ culture and ensure that all those within your area of responsibility comply with these.
- Ensure that appropriate training is carried out to meet the needs of the company and the individual in accordance with internal, ISO and other relevant standards.
- Provide appropriate channels of communication and conduct regular (minimum fortnightly) team briefings.
- Ensure operators only operate equipment that is sufficiently clean and orderly to manufacture product .
- Supervises employees including holidays/overtime, hiring, absence, recognition, discipline, training, employee relations, time and attendance and discipline. Apply company procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Accompany internal and external auditors, customers and other appropriate personnel during shop floor visits when
- Ensure accurate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are in place and followed. Maintains productivity based on SOP’s, best practices and continuous improvement.
Essential Criteria – Experience & Knowledge:
- Be familiar with the health and safety policies and implement them at all times.
- Develop a concern for health and safety personally and for others, particularly new employees, contractors and visitors.
- Suggest ways of eliminating hazards.
- Cooperate with the company in maintaining a safe working environment and make your contribution to reducing accidents.
- Take care of the company property entrusted to you, refrain from horseplay, the abuse of welfare facilities and the misuse of equipment.
- Operate only items of equipment for which you have been trained, deemed competent and authorised to use.
- Keep tools and equipment in good condition.
- Report to your line manager any defects in equipment. Ensure that equipment is in a safe and secure state when unattended.
- Report any industrial injury, industrial disease or any incidents which could result in personal injury or property damage
to your operations manager.
- Comply with any risk assessments and safe system of work which have been undertaken.
- Set a personal example.
- Promote a strong safety culture and environment.
- Adheres to Nelipak core values and actively contributes to a high performance culture.
- Meet or exceed plant business plan and KPIs.
- Operate within established budget.
- Best practices establishment & execution.
- Effective , cost-efficient planning and utilization of manpower, materials and machinery.
- Strong human capital planning.
- Results-oriented/delivers on plan
- Team leadership
- Develops organizational capability
- Drives high performance culture
- Customer focus
- Facility business acumen/market knowledge
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Diploma in supervisory ,anagement/NVQ3or4/HND or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years at production supervisor level
- Manufacturing managerial experience
- Knowledge of production, quality and hygiene systems
- Understanding of process and equipment (technical background)
- Demonstrates 3 E’s – energy, empowerment, execution
- Lives Nelipak’s core values
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet each of the essential criteria to Danielle O’Donnell, HR Officer, Elsham Plant (Danielle.O’Donnell@nelipak.com). Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th May 2022.