This position is within the Nelipak flexibles finance team, comprising of Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, General Ledger Accounting and Trade Compliance. The Credit Controller is responsible for credit management and collections of outstanding accounts receivable from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer
billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency while maintaining a professional relationship with customers. This position will report to the Trade Compliance Manager.
In this role you are responsible for:
Accounts Receivable tasks:
▪ Continual credit management of circa 500 – 750 accounts. Minimizing credit exposure across individual, group and total customer base
▪ Credit investigation and approval of new customers
▪ Management of customer credit blocking and release in line with collections and credit exposure to avoid bad debts
▪ Making outbound calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
▪ Identify, investigate, and resolve payment variances. This will include short payments, late payments, past terms discounts, duplicate billings, etc.
▪ Reviewing open accounts for collections efforts, follow up of delinquent accounts and acting where appropriate to escalate and block
▪ Applying payments and facilitating resolution of customer disputes
▪ Proactively identifying process improvement opportunities that will reduce future occurrences of aged accounts receivable balances and work with appropriate internal / external contacts to implement those improvements.
▪ Maintain financial and data accuracy through adhering to all financial policies and procedures.
▪ Commits to adhering to Service Level Agreements both within the company and with outside customers.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access, and other software as needed to perform duties of the position.
▪ Previous experience of credit control procedures including collections / accounts receivable experience
▪ Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
▪ Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate and external customers to manufacturing employees both oral and written.
▪ Strong organisational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
▪ Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
▪ Ability to work independently or/and collaboratively, and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
▪ Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
▪ Strong communication, proactive problem solving, and analytical skills required
▪ Attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
▪ Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of
▪ Language skills
▪ SAP experience
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to DerryApplications@Nelipak.com by 12noon Wednesday 07 September 2022.