Having ownership of the plant finance function to optimise the accounting, forecasting and statutory reporting to acceptable
quality. Member of site leadership team, supporting all business decisions. Reporting to the CFO Europe.
- Key member of the site leadership team, supporting the plant manager in day-to-day management and operation of the facility.
- Provide both routine and proactive financial data to support the business.
- Provide analytical, interpretive, investigative and advisory services on business and commercial impact.
- Manage the integrity of the accounts and ensure the accounting function operates at all times in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and board policy.
- Ensure that the specific ledgers, records and books of accounts such as payroll records and proper expense distribution are maintained to satisfy company and governmental requirements.
- Liaison with auditors to complete year end statutory accounts in a timely fashion as required and ensure that no major write-ups are received.
- Work with third-party advisors to ensure timely and accurate completion and filing of tax returns.
- Establish annual budgets, monthly accounts and weekly forecasts in line with business requirements.
- Support the payroll process and be a key link between site TMs and the offsite payroll team, facilitating where required.
- Develop and maintain effective programs so departmental KPIs and budgets are monitored and controlled.
- Maintain adequate internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation and review of project requests for all capital expenditure.
- Develop an understanding of the businesses product costs, monitoring and updating as necessary.
- Provide insight into profitability of products and customers to support business decision making.
- Carry out/manage any other projects or tasks as requested by the CFO or plant manager from time to time.
Essential Criteria – Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a global company.
- Analytical and computer skills.
- Team building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinker who is a results-oriented problem-solver.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drive a high performing culture and continuous improvement.
- Adapt a flexible approach.
Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet each of the essential criteria to Danielle O’Donnell, HR Officer, Elsham Plant Danielle.O’Donnell@nelipak.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 21st February 2022.