Lead Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, a U.S. multinational based in Clara, Co. Offaly, is currently recruiting for an lead lean manufacturing engineer. This role allows you to develop your skills and to help shape our future lean strategy. Responsibilities of this position are to consistently improve the overall efficiency and functioning of our manufacturing facility. This includes recognizing problem areas, developing improvement plans, executing those plans, providing assistance for employees and analysing results. Reporting to the operations director, this role allows you to develop your skills and to help shape our future lean strategy.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Focusing initially on lean production system (standard work, visual management and workplace organization, scientific problem solving – A3).
- Reducing waste in manufacturing with the deployment of lean tools/ principles using 5s, SMED, standard work, etc.
- Identifying and implementing methodologies that sustain gains.
- Acting as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement process, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies.
- Developing, maintaining and driving lean training to raise the level of awareness and competence around lean.
- Providing coaching and mentoring in lean principles to both direct and indirect including cross functional personnel.
- Managing a portfolio of both Capex and Non-Capex process improvement projects.
- Supporting, mentoring and coaching supervisors, team leaders and other plant staff.
- Managing daily metric review and attendance of lineside meetings to support team in localised problem solving.
- Monitoring product and process improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
- Facilitating and supporting of Kaizen events and other continuous improvement projects involving production, facilities layout, inventory control, quality and administrative processes.
- Providing analysis and recommendations to management for new improvements and initiatives.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to production processes, methods and controls to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment, as well as Minitab.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Time management; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as prints, order requirements, and equipment specs.
Education & Work Experience:
- Degree in engineering, business, or related field required.
- More than 3 years’ experience in Ccntinuous improvement or lean manufacturing preferred.
- Green belt certified (minimum).
- It would be an advantage to hold a lean six sigma black belt with ability to utilise existing skills or develop new skills in the use of Minitab (DOE, ANOVA and regression analysis for example).
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29th November 2021.