Full Time – Permanent
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for making sure that equipment is serviced and runs smoothly and is expected to meet a high standard with safety being the number one goal. You will work closely with the manufacturing team to overcome complexed process issues, machine upgrades and repeat problems while ensuring robust corrective actions are implemented.
In this role you are responsible for performing tasks such as:
- Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Acquiring knowledge of health & safety procedures, work instructions and associated documentation.
- Complying with all health & safety policies and instructions and actively contributing to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Working on material converting machines with regards to repairs, breakdowns of an electrical and mechanical nature while maintaining a safely system of work.
- Carrying out regular preventative maintenance tasks and checking that these are in accordance with SOP’s and schedules of work.
- Managing stores inventory in regards to using systems to maintain minimum stock levels.
- Continuous improvement project in relation to CTO and also to align with Nelipak goals and objectives.
- Willingly taking the opportunity to lead projects, train others and be part of a world class team of technicians.
- Willingly take the opportunity to learn new process and complete the necessary training to move with a world class organisation.
- Performing other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- Completed an electrical apprenticeship, obtain an ONC (ordinary national certificate) in electrical engineering or equivalent and have a three year post apprenticeship primarily in a multi- batch production environment with a muti-skilled bias.
- Proven knowledge of COSHH and relevant H&S regulations
- Have the ability to analytical think and problem solving skills with regards to complex and simple machine issues.
- Have a good knowledge of PLC’s, Pneumatics, control systems e.g. transducers, signal Conversion, temperature and basic knowledge of building maintenance.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to email@example.com by 12 noon on 01 February 2021.