Is responsible for the overall performance of production and coordination of the production/warehouse and engineering functions that optimises overall business performance regarding SQDCCE through four direct reports.
- Develop and implement an operational excellence strategy that improves all aspects of OEE and manufacturing performance.
- Develop and maintain effective programmes so departmental KPIs are achieved daily.
- Engage team members and challenge status quo and actively deliver positive change.
- Ensure PPMs and cleaning activities are optimised.
- Ensure adequate measurement systems are in place so that department KPIs can be monitored and reported accurately in a timely basis to the management team i.e. hour by hour.
- Initiate/implement projects and improvement enhancement programmes in relation to: production efficiency/process improvement, material cost/waste reduction, quality
improvement, WIP & stock accuracy.
- Ensure marginal gains are maximized through a step-by-step process that reduce non-value activities.
- Develop safety procedures for people and products including hygiene and continuously look for marginal gains for improvement.
- Monitor team members continuous improvement activities.
- Set objectives and standards for each department and monitor performance against these standards. Take the necessary action to ensure that these standards are achieved i.e. leading, managing and coaching team members.
- Communicate, motivate and develop team members through regular performance reviews including annual reviews, involvement in target setting.
- Manage the development and training of employees, which includes the maintenance of personnel and training records.
- Oversee the day to day manning of personnel.
- Participate in setting budgets, including wage increases and in job evaluation reviews.
- Ensure that all production/warehouse/engineering operating and training procedures/manuals are adequately documented/maintained and updated on a regular basis. Ensure that these and the quality assurance procedures are fully adhered to.
- Ensure that the WPO/5s in production/warehouse/engineering is held to the highest standard.
- Conduct regular routine audits of production area and equipment ensuring adherence to company policy.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and accurate to ensure traceability regarding, ISO, BRC and IPPC certifications.
- Ensure that trials, samples and alternative material validation programmes are completed on a cost effective and timely basis.
- Carry out/manage any other projects or tasks as requested by the plant manager from time to time.
- Promote and drive a strong safety culture.
- Meet or exceed KPIs whilst delivering operational excellence.
- Operate within established budgets.
- Best practice establishment and execution.
- Effective, cost-efficient planning and utilization of people, materials and machinery.
- Support and improve our customer service experience.
- Results-Oriented, delivers on plan and team player.
- Hands on with the ability to think both tactically and strategically.
- Organizational Capability.
- Ability to drive high performance culture.
- Customer focused
- Facility business acumen/market knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaboration and best practice leadership.
- Decision maker.
- Excellent communicator.
Essential Criteria – Experience & Knowledge:
- Degree qualified preferably in a managerial/engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role.
- Strategic development opportunity with senior growth within two to four years.
- A sound knowledge of the total business spectrum with emphasis on budgetary and effective cost control.
- The ability to plan, organise, control and communicate effectively is essential.
- Flexible packaging experience desired but not essential.
- Previous experience in SAP and other I.T Packages would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet each of the essential criteria to Danielle O’Donnell, HR Officer, Elsham Plant Danielle.O’Donnell@nelipak.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 21st February 2022.