Operations Director Elsham
The operations director will be responsible for manufacturing, quality, engineering, CI, technical, planning & materials, health & safety and supply chain and will report to the vice president operations, Europe. The purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate overall plant operations, ensuring the achievement of production performance aimed at continuously lowering production costs and improving quality and customer delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Acting as a safety leader and putting safety first in all responsibilities. Driving world class safety at the facility.
- Prioritising, scheduling and delegating work assignments, and directly supervising the assigned members of the manufacturing, engineering, quality, CI, technical, health & safety and supply chain functions to ensure the achievement of production performance at the lowest cost, consistent with company quality standards and customer delivery requirements.
- Ensuring that all plant associates adhere to all policies, procedures, roles and regulations.
- Overseeing the establishment of production schedules and the production control process to ensure timely delivery of customer products.
- Evaluating, recommending and implementing improvements in methods and processes to increase productivity and quality.
- Operating the plant within budget requirements, and taking ownership for the P&L.
- Coordinating the efficient use of corporate resources by cooperating with assigned resources and capitalizing on manufacturing and administrative strengths.
- Sourcing and maintaining technological knowledge of advancements in equipment or processes.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of equipment and building, and establishing/maintaining superior plant housekeeping standards.
- Developing and maintaining positive employee and community relations.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with all statutory and regulatory agencies. Promoting an environment of equal opportunity for all.
- Performing supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- Partnering with HR to create and maintain a formal human capital plan for the facility, including a facility succession plan.
- Leading efforts with the manufacturing director, Europe and HR business partners to develop organization capability via human capital processes including performance feedback, recruitment and selection, salary planning processes, incentive plan alignment, performance recognition and differentiation.
- Introducing and managing world-class manufacturing methods (i.e., WCOM through lean, Kan Ban, 6-Sigma, TQC, Robotics) in order to raise manufacturing efficiencies and overall product and process quality.
- Providing strategic and directional EHS focus; facilitating and leading EHS discussions. Implementing and maintaining effective two-way communication and provides time and resources for employee training and development. Actively endorsing and promoting EHS policies and integrated management systems.
- Creating a culture and environment of continuous change and improvement.
- Controlling all costs that directly affect the site performance.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a job-related discipline.
- Five to 10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience, with a minimum of the last three years being at a plant leader or general manager level.
- Demonstrable experience of, Six Sigma and/or other Lean Manufacturing tools.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Ability to manage a multi-departmental, diversified manufacturing facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports and statements.
- Ability to motivate and instill a sense of pride and commitment to the work force.
- Ability to exhibit and perform good analytical, problem-solving and computer skills.
- Strong change leadership skills.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 05 March 2021.