Nelipak Healthcare Packaging is seeking a planner/buyer to join the Nelipak team in Galway, Ireland.
- Managing and ensuring the supply of raw materials in the cost effective way including the planning, procurement and positioning the material.
- Executing production planning routines to ensure manufacturing partners are aligning with MPS routines.
- Managing monthly inventory routines for consigned inventory and excess/obsolete material management.
- Managing supplier performance through scorecard.
- Coordinating and generating planning related reports to support monthly management routines, including data analysis.
- Managing of logistics to minimise costs and ensure on time delivery.
- Ensuring relevant KPI’S are met.
- Executing material and production planning activities for the complete line of products and executing the monthly Master Production Schedule (MPS) activities and daily/weekly production planning routines to meet business goals and customer requirements.
- Managing direct and indirect procurement activities including logistics and other associated supplier management activities.
- Additional projects and/or ad hoc duties as required.
- A proactive approach with the ability to priorities and work well under pressure
- Guided by the disciplines of due diligence and compliance in all aspects of work
- Be a good team member who is fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives
- An effective communicator and influencer across multi-functional teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis techniques to investigate and solve problems and improve quality
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own daily work routine to meet established schedule
- Previous planner/buyer experience
- Previous admin experience – ideally working in a role where IT systems were used daily
- Professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle challenging conversations
- Positive attitude and strong desire to meet customers’ needs
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible approach towards change
- Working with a small friendly team within a growing organisation
- Full exposure to medical packing industry
- Training and development opportunities
- Private health insurance
- Career progression opportunities
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed. Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter to the Galway site contact: Joanne Shaughnessy (email@example.com).