PMO Manager, Europe
The purpose of this role is to provide governance and to ensure that the correct standards are applied though the lifecycle of project workstreams. The PMO manager will ensure that workstreams are supported by business cases that define the deliverables and ensure that each project is tracked against these objectives.
This role will be three-fold, firstly overseeing the portfolio of organisational projects, providing expert knowledge and support and monitoring progress and reporting on the portfolio status. Secondly managing projects/programmes directly. Finally, the development, introduction and on-going iteration of the organisation’s project management and deliver approach
The role is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery. This role will also ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully. Strong project or programme management and excellent organisational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Manage a range of project types and complex business initiatives and change programmes
- Ownership of the organisation’s project management and delivery approach, its implementation, establishment and iteration
- Team management experience with the ability to manage and motivate through dotted line and indirect teams in a matrix organisation.
- Input into the organisations business and budget planning processes
- Act as a business partner within the organisation and ensure that relationships are manged to best serve delivery of the objectives.
- Drive the prioritisation of projects and workstreams to ensure high value and high-quality outcomes are achieved that are sustainable in the business.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed
- Responsible for resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects and ability to work with the and business to manage project resource needs
- Provide detailed tracking of all projects and ensure that lessons are learned, and best practices shared within the organisation to aid constantly improving project delivery
- Ensure that their clarity of goals in the business and use the PMO to keep focus on the priorities
- Report performance on project budgets and delivery through all levels of the organisation.
- Mentor and coach on the PMO approach across the wider business to effectively implement the project management and delivery approach
- Act as a thought leader with a view to creating a viable PMO service and supporting pragmatic delivery of projects
Education – Degre qualified as desirable.
Specific training – Recognized formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable Advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint and Excel and MS Project or other project tools.
Experience – 3 years + in managing projects at a senior management level. Highly Developed project/programme management and planning skills and experience. Financial background is advantageous.
- Open-minded and ‘can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and displays resilience against adversity
- Participate fully as a team member in building an atmosphere of openness, honesty, respect, cooperation and fun
- Visible, approachable, accountable and available
- Inspire and empower other people by demonstrating trust, openly valuing their expertise and clearly stating your expectations
- Excellent written & spoken English essential
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve project delivery through the Project Management Office
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction Strong interpersonal, time management, problem-solving skills and financial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality
- Comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with business teams to drive required decisions and outcomes
- Cross functional relationship building is paramount. The role must be able to successfully work with and influence individuals not directly under their control and at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to challenge
- Good understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
How to Apply
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed – please forward details to:
Lesley Murray, HR Director, Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, Unit 6D, Mervue Business Park Galway.
Closing Date for receipt of applications – Friday 13th March 2020