Print & Lamination Manager
The role is responsible for the overall management of safe production within the print and lamination department to ensure that the upmost quality standards are maintained to customer specifications and both departments meet/exceed quality and efficiency standards. Responsible for managing personnel to maximise operational efficiency/ effectiveness and deliver results.
- Maximise and monitor efficiency on all machines whilst achieving optimum running speeds on Each SKU/ design.
- Effectively communicate to all departments on business-critical issues.
- Ensure that the team leaders/ support personnel manage all job packs, specifications, colour standards and cromalin/thermals in a correct manner and have been given to all press operators 24 hours before ready for use.
- Ensure all job pack information (job history, colour standards, ink information and mounting history) has been completed. Ensure completed job packs are effectively managed.
- Manage all press consumables (anilox rolls, tapes, plates, etc.). Advise purchasing of requirements. Coordinate monthly stock takes.
- Input all printing & lamination statistics (SAP) daily/when required. Check all details, trace faults and poor performance and advise on performance at the daily operations review.
- Drive operational excellence regarding SQDCCE.
- Engage team members and challenge status quo and actively engage team members.
- Support all continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure PPM’s and medical cleans are efficient and optimised.
- Ensure adequate measurement systems are in place so that department KPIs can be monitored and reported accurately on a timely basis to the management team.
- Ensure all budgeted KPIs are met/exceeded within the print and lamination department.
- Initiate/implement projects and improvement enhancement programmes in relation to: production efficiency/process improvement, material cost/waste reduction, quality improvement and stock accuracy.
- Ensure marginal gains are met and step by step processes are introduced to reduce waste.
- Develop safety for people and products including hygiene and continuously look for marginal gains of improvement.
- Monitor team members continuous improvement activities.
- Proactively work with suppliers regarding, repro, plate development, inks and adhesives.
- Coordinate projects with customers, graphics and design agencies and take a lead role in the new job approval stage.
- Supervise press proofs and study design prior to customer attendance, in order to minimise downtime.
- Set objectives and standards for each department and monitor performance against these standards. Take the necessary action to ensure that these standards are achieved i.e. leading, managing and coaching team members.
- Communicate, motivate and develop team members through regular performance reviews including annual reviews, involvement in target setting.
- Be responsible for the development and training of employees, which includes the maintenance of personnel and training records.
- Oversee the day-to-day manning of personnel print/ team leaders/ originators and administrators.
- Participate in setting budgets, including wage increases and in job evaluation reviews.
- Ensure that both departments are always to the highest standard regarding WPO/5s.
- Ensure that all company assets within this department are maintained to the highest standard.
- Conduct regular routine audits of production area and equipment ensuring adherence to company policy.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and accurate to ensure traceability.
- Ensure that trials, samples and alternative material validation programmes are completed on a cost effective and timely basis.
Essential Criteria – Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven people and leadership skills critical to drive lamination and print performance.
- Good working knowledge of application of ink/coatings and adhesives.
- Minimum seven years of experience in lamination or print or both.
- Flexibility and strength of character is a must.
- Formal qualifications desirable but not essential.
Please e-mail your CV together with a cover letter demonstrating how you meet each of the essential criteria to Danielle O’Donnell, HR Officer, Elsham Plant Danielle.O’Donnell@nelipak.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 21st February 2022.