An opportunity exists for a full-time process engineer reporting to the technical manager to join our state-of-the-art plant in Clara, Co Offaly to provide technical assistance to the Nelipak Healthcare Packaging production department in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement and troubleshooting.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Supporting manufacturing operations in becoming world-class in all aspects of the business, beginning with safety.
- Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Acquiring knowledge of health and safety procedures, work instructions and associated documentation.
- Complying with all health and safety policies and instructions and actively contributing to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Participating in and/or leading Lean Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
- Writing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on new or modified equipment capabilities, qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ), and validations.
- Conducting developmental runs and commercialization qualification trial runs in conjunction with research & development (R&D) and PD functions.
- Managing the development of new package design and testing in conjunction with R&D and marketing and communicating to the process engineering lead the progress of these projects.
- Establishing manufacturing standard operating conditions (SOC) with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel.
- Determining the need for and justifying capital projects such as source, specifying new equipment and components by completing and routing Authorization for Capital Expenditure (ACE) form.
- Assisting the product engineer in the development of customer and internal specifications, including review and approval of applications review forms (APPS).
- Acquiring knowledge of procedures, work instructions and associated forms as required by key area leaders.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective actions for customer complaints as assigned.
- Demonstrating safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures, participating in safety programs and encouraging employee involvement from all employees in all safety activities.
- Troubleshooting daily production and process problems, communicating with the plant management team, supervisors and operators regarding run problems, investigating root causes, providing recommendations and implementing corrective actions.
- Identifying, developing and implementing plans associated with, but not limited to, cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general operational improvement through the use of Six Sigma statistical methods.
- Performing other duties as assigned; Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- Degree in engineering (mechanical, chemical or industrial preferred)
Specific Training & Experience:
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to maintain projects.
- Ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing problems.
- Ability to apply Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools.
- One to three years of previous process/manufacturing engineering experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO quality management procedures.
- Experience with Vision System Support would be an advantage.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.