Product Engineer (Full-Time, Permanent)
Reporting to the product data manager, the product engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining product specifications that are accurate and representative of each customer’s specific requirements as well as Nelipak Healthcare Packaging Derry’s (NHPD’s) manufacturing capabilities. Design and purchase job-specific tooling for use in the manufacture of our product portfolio and maintain complete and accurate records of product specification history.
- Review each new product request received from customers and use knowledge of all machine capabilities to determine and engineer
the most efficient route to manufacture.
- Review, interpret and control customer-supplied specifications for NHPD products.
- Compare customer requirements to Nelipak manufacturing capabilities and then develop product specifications, documenting and communicating any exceptions directly to
- Translate customer-supplied information into NHPD’s customer-facing specification format using AutoCAD and communicate directly with the customer for approval.
- Maintain all NHPD customer facing specifications, customer-supplied specifications and supporting documentation in organized and user-friendly customer master files.
- Generate clear and accurate internal product specifications in the SAP based upon the approved NHPD customer facing specification
and/or customer-supplied specifications, for use by manufacturing personnel when producing product.
- Provide the SAP data specialists with consistently accurate product information, required to generate SAP master data, Bills of Materials
and routings for use in the costing, order entry, planning and manufacture of new and existing products.
- Design, order and issue job-specific tooling for use in accordance with associated manufacturing specifications.
- Control of design advancement in compliance with the company’s quality management system.
- Control internal and external change requests by customer service, sales, customers, manufacturing, technical, QA,and sub-contractors in accordance with customer no change agreements and/or other customer requirements.
- Work closely on new business development projects, where applicable, in line with the company’s sales plan.
- Use analytical skills to ensure prompt resolution of any product engineering (and other) related manufacturing issues.
- Data accuracy, integrity and completeness.
- Sound engineering practice for design improvement and issue resolution.
- Participation in customer audits (where necessary).
- Associates degree (minimum) or an equivalent combination of education and equivalent business-related work experience.
- Strong interpretive, analytical and math skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent data skills with ability to incorporate good written & oral communication.
- Vigorous problem solving and investigative abilities.
- Ability to organize and disseminate information efficiently, must be able to work with and communicate to all levels of resources and
- Good background in CAD creation and comprehension.
- Strong background/knowledge of Microsoft computer software.
- AutoCAD experience.
- A detailed knowledge of the SAP system.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for CV’s and cover letters of application is 12 noon on 13 December 2021.