Are you looking for a great opportunity as a production supervisor? Then we are looking for you!
Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, part of the global Nelipak Corporation is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of custom designed thermoformed packaging of the medical device and pharmaceutical industries – www.nelipak.com. Nelipak Healthcare Packaging operate within 10 sites Globally and 5 sites within Europe. Location at Galway site.
The Product Supervisor has overall responsibility for a Product Builder group in meeting its requirements in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Supply, Safety and People. Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. Leads lean-manufacturing, productivity and quality- improvement initiatives and always looks for opportunities to reduce product-cost.
· Ensures compliance with all company H & S policies and is responsible for all H &S issues on the shift
· Ensures manufacturing-volume requirements are met, On Time in Full, within budget and with the correct schedule mix.
· Effectively manages employee performance, including coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring employee’s and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
· Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company objectives and performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
· Develop Operational plans in conjunction with the Business Unit Leader to ensure alignment with overall Site and Operations functions strategy.
· Leads problem-solving initiatives and takes an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to reducing waste across the business.
· Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
· Develop a training program to achieve optimum cross training versatility and flexibility while maintaining all H & S requirements.
· Administration duties which include updating metrics, Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Implement Visual cell management
· Run & participate in Lean activities
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
· Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills are a prerequisite for the successful candidate •
· Ability to prioritise work independently
· Strong project management skills and presentation skills
· A high degree of enthusiasm and ability to adapt to the different styles of team members
· Reliability / flexibility
· Detail oriented, extremely organised and ability to multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Capacity to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
· People Management Skills essential
A competitive salary & benefits package is offered based on experience.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and the ambition to succeed – please forward details to Joanne Shaughnessy, Email: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31/08/2023