QC Pallet Release Inspector (Full-Time, Permanent)
The primary responsibility of the manufacturing and pallet release inspector is to ensure that finished goods are pallet released for shipment to customers in accordance with our quality policy of “right first time, delivered on time every time.” The manufacturing and pallet release inspector shall assist with continuous improvement in manufacturing towards world-class standards and quality performance.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Ensure that safe working practices are always adhered to, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Acquire knowledge of health & safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
- Comply with all health & safety policies and instructions and actively contribute to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Perform random, in-process inspections across manufacturing processes.
- Perform first piece approval, where required.
- Perform pallet release.
- Perform Q Up when required.
- Escalation of any other quality exceptions to shift quality lead.
- Raising QN alerts/holds (Z3 and Z2).
- Labelling of suspect product.
- Retrieve ship to party for sending certs.
- Retrieve coating results.
- Carry out particle testing in clean room.
- Measuring BD end of batch samples.
- Supports traceability activities, when required.
- Manages product containment activities (with activity support from SQL & manufacturing).
- Retrieving and replacing retain samples as required by quality/manufacturing/process engineering.
- Any other quality-related duties as advised by shift quality lead (SQL).
- Academic qualifications in mathematics and English.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of production, quality and hygiene systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drive a high performing culture and continuous improvement.
- Adapt a flexible approach.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to DerryApplications@Nelipak.com by 12 noon Friday 25th February 2022.