Are you looking for a great opportunity as a Quality Engineer? Then we are looking for you!
An opportunity exists for a full-time Quality Engineer reporting to the Quality Manager to join our state-of-the-art plant in Clara, Co Offaly.
This role is responsible for and has the authority for product/process quality improvement programmes, analysis of quality costs, customer complaints, analysis of quality waste, reliability evaluations and process capabilities studies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Lead quality improvement programmes using recognised problem-solving and project management techniques
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure that we achieve our Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Evaluate quality trends and reasons for product or process failures relating to customer complaints and lead corrective action plans.
- Evaluate quality costs and determine critical causes.
- Prepare and approve quality assurance specifications and assist in the formulation of written policy/procedures
- Align and integrate company test procedures with International Standards requirements.
- Assist in determining inspection frequencies and sampling plans using significance testing, capability studies and through collation and analysis of data
- Participate in validation of all new tooling equipment, methods and products.
- Ensure all areas comply with specified regulatory requirements
- Any other reasonably duties as required
- Third level qualification in science/ engineering.
- Three years’ experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment
Specific training and experience:
- Demonstrable Lean/ Six Sigma certification is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis is an advantage
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org.