Are you looking for a great opportunity as a Senior Accountant? Then we are looking for you! *Employee Referral Scheme Applies*
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the Nelipak shared accounting team, performing day to day accounting activities supporting the overall finance function.
In this role you will be responsible for performing tasks such as:
- Record monthly general ledger journal entries for multiple business units (currently Derry & Elsham sites)
- Review and approve journal entries of other team members to ensure good segregation of duties.
- Perform analytical reviews of the data posted as required to ensure resultant data is understood and communicated as required.
- Own or share ownerships for standard monthly finance tasks as determined by the financial controller, for example, but not limited to, sales reporting, margin analysis, ppv analysis, fixed asset accounting, vat submissions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with monthly timelines.
- Approve balance sheet reconciliations prepared by others to ensure segregation of duties.
- Manage inventory reporting and provisions, supporting inventory control.
- Audit cycle counts and cycle count documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for the integrity of the accounts and to ensure that the accounting function operates at all times in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and board policy.
- Ensuring that the specific ledgers, records and books of accounts are maintained to satisfy company and governmental requirements.
- Support year end audits to enable complete year end statutory accounts in a timely fashion.
- Support tax accounting work as required.
- Enforce adequate internal controls.
- Work closely with the rest of the accounting team, providing guidance as required to other team members.
- Margin reporting and analysis
- Work closely with other teams such to ensure accurate and timely information for business decisions, being proactive in bringing relevant information to the wider group where relevant.
- Provide analytical, interpretive, investigative, and advisory services to the business.
- Participate in Annual Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
- Apply good business acumen and commercial sense to analyse information to provide value added analytics to the management team.
- Present and communicate data professionally.
- Carry out/manage any other projects or tasks as requested by the Financial controller.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CCAB Member).
- Min 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong background / knowledge of Microsoft computer software particularly advanced Excel skills.
- Previous experience working within a Global company.
- SAP Experience.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to DerryApplications@Nelipak.com by 12noon on 19 May 2023.