Are you looking for a great opportunity as Technical Manager? Then we are looking for you!
An opportunity exists for a full-time, permanent, Technical Manager to join our state of the art plant in Clara, Co Offaly.
Reporting to the Plant Manager. This role is responsible for leading the Engineering site function by driving continuous improvement, supporting World Class Operations Management on site and managing all Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities activities at the plant in a safe and efficient manner. The Technical Manager will be a key member of the site Leadership team and will be involved in decision making and leading continuous improvement site wide to help achieve the plant’s annual operating plan
In this role you are responsible for:
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Acts as an EHS leader who guides and supports employee behaviour and cultural development to support safety initiatives, incident prevention, and overall program improvements. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and develop policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Be recognised as a Leader and problem solver by providing leadership and expertise to solve problems and improve performance. Facilitate best practice knowledge sharing internally with peers to improve skills and flexibility.
- Work with the CI Manager to manage and integrate lean philosophy into the culture of the site.
- Identify areas and coordinate cost saving projects on site.
- Involvement in daily Production and Operations issues to ensure delivery of a high quality product, measured against our committed customer service goals whilst optimising efficiency/productivity.
- Lead, manage and develop programmes which support the site to meet corporate targets.
- Identify, resources and manage CAPEX projects in line with group targets and medium term plans.
- Accompany auditors, customers and other appropriate personnel during shop floor visits when required.
- Ensure Engineering team is fully compliant with company regulations, policies, and procedures. Personally reflect the company values and ‘Risk-Free’ culture and ensure that all those within your area of responsibility comply with these.
- Motivate and coach the engineering people managers to communicate expectations, standards and evaluate results.
- Initiate and lead employee training to further instill the continuous improvement skillset in the organisation. Develop new processes and programs where knowledge or skills gaps exist.
- In conjunction with others, identify training needs for persons within the area of responsibility, plan and ensure that appropriate training is carried out. Provide regular, timely and constructive feedback to new and existing employees. Comply with the training system and actively support it, and implement ideas for improvement.
- Provide appropriate channels of communication including regular team briefings.
- Lead employees. Is responsible for all escalations within the Engineering function. Apply company procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provide direction to the engineering team and manage team performance to ensure it fulfills internal and external site maintenance requirements, repairs and general ad hoc tasks are executed on time and appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- Responsible for leading and resourcing the Process Engineering function on site, including process and personnel development.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
- Adapts a flexible approach.
- Degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Industrial Technology
- A minimum of three years previous Engineering management experience in a manufacturing setting: with responsibility for people management, improvement projects, including mechanical and electrical equipment design, installation, modification and maintenance.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to Margaret.email@example.com by the 16th February 2024.
For additional information on Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, please visit our website on www.nelipak.com. Nelipak Healthcare Packaging is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of religion, gender or disability.