Nelipak Healthcare Packaging, part of the global Nelipak Corporation is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of custom designed thermoformed packaging of the medical device and pharmaceutical industries – www.nelipak.com. Nelipak Healthcare Packaging operates 10 sites Globally and 5 sites within Europe. Location at Galway site.
We currently seek to recruit a Toolroom Assistant. Reporting to the Toolroom Leader, primary responsibility is to assist in the smooth operation of work being carried out in the tooling department at Nelipak.
• Assembly of production tools according to production schedule
• Adherence to safe practices and operation of all equipment within the facility
• Completion of work orders as scheduled by toolmaker
• Sandblasting of tooling
• Changing knife blades
• Stock checking and ordering of cutting knives and blades
• Preventative Maintenance on all material, tooling trolleys and IGE boxes
• Sucker plate modification and replacement
• Ordering, sourcing and labelling of parts as required
• Other light Maintenance duties throughout the facility as requested by Facilities manager
• Adherence to good house-keeping guidelines
• Assisting toolmaker in any duties as requested
This is a full-time position working within a Medical Device Manufacturing environment, including Class 7 & 8 Cleanrooms and workshop.
Qualifition & Experience Requirements:
• Leaving cert as a minimum with a 3rd level mechanical qualification/trade very desirable
• Trained in the use of hand tools and computer literate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
Key competencies include:
• A methodical approach and an aptitude and interest in Mechanical type work
• Attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative
• Good Organizational skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Toolroom Equipment desirable
• Proficient in the use of hand tools
A competitive salary & benefits package is offered based on experience.
We welcome the opportunity to interview candidates who meet the above criteria and who demonstrate initiative, flexibility and the ambition to succeed.
Please forward CV & cover letter to Joanne Shaughnessy, Email: email@example.com