- Jill Colna
- Mar 26, 2020
The safety and well-being of our clients, colleagues and end-user patients is our highest priority. Rest assured we continue to closely monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 and evolve our business processes accordingly for the purposes of both health best practices and business continuity.
Nelipak is an essential business
Nelipak remains open for business at all ten (10) of our facilities worldwide with no significant supply disruptions. Governments around the world are authorizing and encouraging businesses which support essential and critical industries (including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and medical supplies) to continue operations despite various operating restrictions imposed on non-essential businesses. Because Nelipak is in the business of providing sterile barrier packaging for a variety of critical and life-sustaining healthcare applications, our business operations are considered essential and we intend to continue operating in support of our customers and supply chain partners.
Supply chain update
We continue to monitor our supply base carefully and our suppliers continue to communicate, with very limited exception, that the potential risk of disruption remains relatively low. We are communicating to our supply base that we are an essential business and, as a result, our suppliers are also essential. We are working with our suppliers and supply chain partners to identify potential supply risks and take appropriate actions to mitigate them.
We currently anticipate that increased international border security resulting from travel restrictions may impact some delivery times and may result in freight surcharges.
In order to meet your requirements during this time of challenge, strong communication and collaboration will be critical. Our production priority is to produce and deliver against the firm orders or other agreed upon planning forecasts in our systems. Our commercial team is actively reaching out to all of our customers to help facilitate the gathering of critical planning information to assist with the management of volume changes resulting from the COVID-19 situation.
Our approach to addressing COVID-19
We have implemented a formal COVID-19 monitoring process led by Nelipak global executive leadership and involving a cross-functional team. We have taken numerous actions to help promote employee and community safety while fulfilling our mission of providing an uninterrupted supply of essential and critical healthcare products. These actions include:
- Communicating and emphasizing preventative measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other local governments.
- Implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting activities at all our facilities and encouraging all employees to help maintain a clean and hygienic work environment.
- Implementing employee travel restrictions, postponing events, and restricting non-essential visitors to each of our facilities.
- Implementing social distancing measures for all employees, including the use of remote work arrangements where possible.
- Communicating to all employees that Nelipak is an essential business and that continuity of our operations is critical to the global healthcare supply chain
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it develops and provide updates as appropriate. If we can answer any questions or be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.